phpMyAdmin is the best option for managing MySQL databases through web interface. Its very easy to use and provides almost all the option to work with your MySQL server. It also provides an easy way to configure mysql replication with few steps.
Step 1: Install Apache2, PHP and MySQL
We assume you already have installed LAMP setup on your system. If you do not have installed, Use following command to install it. Below command will install Apache2, PHP5 and MySQL server in your ubuntu system.
$ sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 mysql-server
Step 2: Install phpMyAdmin
After installing LAMP stack, lets install phpMyAdmin using below given command in your Ubuntu system
$ sudo apt-get install phpMyAdmin
Step 3: Configure Apache2 for phpMyAdmin
After installation of phpMyAdmin it creates an configuration file for apache2. Edit apache2 main configuration file /etc/apache2/apache2.confand add following line at the end of file.
After updating above entry, restart apache2 service using following command
$ sudo service apache2 restart
Step 4: Access phpMyAdmin in Browser
You phpMyAdmin installation has been completed successfully. Open you favorite web browser and open below url to access phpMyAdmin
If you are accessing from remote system, change localhost to system ip address.
Codeigniter is a commanding PHP framework. If we consider web applications with advanced features, then to create such an application Codeigniter is one of the efficient PHP Frameworks. As it makes web application always ready, learning becomes easier. Also due to the usual PHP coding it makes the code portable and only because of this, Compared to other frameworks, CodeIgniter is significantly simple and fast.
- Easy and hassle-free migration from server hosting to server hosting.
- Easy to learn, adopt and deploy.
- Easy handling and customizing.
- A new functionality has been applied without affecting the customization at all.
- Offers flexibility and easy management With MVC based framework.
- Active Record Implementation is simply superb and easy to remember.
- Provides easier configuration and customization of configuration files.
- Facilitates easy working with a variety of developers.
- Good collection of possessed libraries.
- Awesome documentation of the user guide, which makes it easy for any coder to use the whole framework.
- Enables to incorporate its own existing scripts as well as develop core libraries for the system.
- Lightweight and extensive Thai user base.
- Its PHP based only and not very object-oriented in some parts
- PHP4 legacy code
- Company-driven instead of community-driven
- Irregular releases
- Framework itself has no built-in ORM (only via 3rd party solutions).
Benefits Of CodeIgnitor
- A small track and astounding presentation
- Provision of broad compatibility along with standard hosting accounts
- Configuration and normal coding rules are not required
- Depiction of straightforward solutions
- Free from complex structures and development
I am currently pursuing MBA – International Business in Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India. I am from Information technology background.